Escudero’s lawyer seeks extension in filing affidavit before Comelec

MANILA, Philippines — The lawyer of Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero was unable to appear before the Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Monday to submit an affidavit regarding the P30-million donation given to the lawmaker by a contractor.

Instead, the lawyer requested an extension from the commission to file the affidavit.

“We received information that the lawyer may ask for additional time to comply,” a Comelec source said.
https://www.inquirer.net/457743/escuderos-lawyer-seeks-extension-in-filing-affidavit-before-comelec/

BIZ BUZZ: Panglao Hole symposium?

Every year, the world’s top central bankers, policymakers, academics, and market movers descend on Jackson Hole, Wyoming, for the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City’s high-profile symposium. This annual event is a must-watch, where even one stray comment can jolt global markets.

Now, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) aims to create its own version of this influential gathering.

READ: BIZ BUZZ: Mapua opens
https://business.inquirer.net/552413/biz-buzz-panglao-hole-symposium

Megaworld allots P 3.4B to expand 3 townships

MANILA, Philippines – Developer Megaworld Corp. announced plans to invest PHP 3.4 billion to expand three of its townships across the country.

The company is banking on the strength of its provincial projects to drive growth in the coming years.

In a regulatory filing on Monday, Megaworld revealed that it would reinvest the proceeds raised from selling its shares in its real estate investment trust (REIT) into these expansions.
https://business.inquirer.net/552419/megaworld-allots-p-3-4b-to-expand-3-townships

Netanyahu meets Trump at Knesset, accepts Egypt`s invite for Gaza Peace Summit

Meanwhile, the Times of Israel reported that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke on the phone with Egyptian President Abdel Fatah Al-Sissi, with US President Donald Trump listening in, according to Channel 12 news. The Times of Israel added that, in a call apparently brokered by Trump at the Knesset, Netanyahu accepted an invitation from the Egyptian leader to join the international summit on Trump’s Gaza peace plan in Sharm El-Sheikh today.

US President Donald Trump arrived in Israel on Monday as the exchange of hostages continues. He was welcomed by the top brass of Israel, and upon entering Israeli airspace, Air Control expressed gratitude to Trump, saying his visit carries deep meaning for the Israeli people.

The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) confirmed that 13 more hostages freed by Hamas are on their way back to Israel after being handed over to the Red Cross in southern Gaza’s Khan Younis. According to the IDF, the hostages are being accompanied by personnel from the IDF and the Israel Security Agency (ISA) as they travel to Israel for an initial medical assessment.

“The commanders and soldiers of the IDF salute and embrace the returning hostages as they make their way home to the State of Israel,” the IDF said in a statement, welcoming the group after two years in captivity.

Earlier, the Red Cross informed Israeli authorities that the 13 hostages had been collected from Hamas custody in southern Gaza and were en route to Israeli territory.

Crowds gathered across Israel on Monday morning as Hamas prepared to release a group of 20 living hostages after two years in captivity, the Times of Israel reported. Families, friends, and supporters lined streets, public squares, and military bases, awaiting the emotional homecoming of their loved ones.

*This story has been sourced from a third-party syndicated feed and agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for the dependability, trustworthiness, reliability, or data of the text. Mid-day management and mid-day.com reserve the sole right to alter, delete, or remove (without notice) content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever.*
https://www.mid-day.com/news/world-news/article/gaza-peace-plan-netanyahu-meets-trump-at-knesset-accepts-egypts-invite-for-gaza-peace-summit-23598498

マダガスカル大統領出国か クーデターの可能性


title: 国際|マダガスカル大統領出国か、クーデターの可能性
date: 2025-10-13 22:53
category: 国際

【ナイロビ共同】欧米メディアは13日、アフリカの島国マダガスカルのラジョエリナ大統領が出国したと報じました。

9月下旬から続く反政府デモに同調した軍の一部と権力争いが生じており、ラジョエリナ氏は孤立を深めています。

今回の動向はクーデターの可能性も指摘されており、今後の情勢が注目されます。

(※本記事は有料会員限定です。残りの詳細については、ご登録のうえご覧ください。)
https://www.nishinippon.co.jp/item/1410856/

大の里「さらに世界的な人気に」 15日開幕のロンドン公演に向け

“`markdown
# スポーツ 大の里「さらに世界的な人気に」
## 15日開幕のロンドン公演に向け
2025/10/13 19:48 (2025/10/13 19:51 更新)
[有料会員限定記事]

【ロンドン共同】34年ぶりの大相撲のロンドン公演(15~19日)に向けて、現地入りした大の里、豊昇龍の両横綱が13日、報道陣の取材に応じた。

日本相撲協会の看板力士として臨む心境を語り、番付最高位で秋場所に臨む意気込みを示した。

(この記事は有料会員限定です。残り398文字)

7日間無料トライアルあり。1日37円で読み放題。年払いならさらにお得です。
“`
https://www.nishinippon.co.jp/item/1410792/

Why Delhi’s air quality may become ‘poor’ from Wednesday

**Why Delhi’s Air Quality May Become ‘Poor’ from Wednesday**
*By Snehil Singh | October 13, 2025 | 8:30 PM*

The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast a decline in Delhi’s air quality as the winter season approaches. The city’s air is expected to remain in the “moderate” category on October 13 and 14 but will likely slip into the “poor” category for nearly a week starting October 15.

According to the IMD bulletin, “The air quality is very likely to be in the Moderate category from October 13-14. From October 15 onwards, it is expected to be in the Poor category for nearly a week.”

### Pollution Update: Slight Increase in Stubble Burning

Delhi’s air quality showed a slight improvement on Sunday, with an average Air Quality Index (AQI) of 167, down from 199 on Saturday. This improvement was attributed to steady winds blowing at 10-15 km/h.

However, stubble burning in neighboring states has increased slightly, contributing to pollution levels in the city. The share of pollution from stubble burning rose from 0.4% on Saturday to 0.8% on Sunday.

The Ministry of Earth Sciences’ Early Warning System also predicts moderate air quality for October 13-14 and poor conditions from October 15 onward.

### Factors Behind the Pollution Spike

Delhi’s air quality typically worsens in October due to several reasons:

– Retreating monsoon rains and cooler temperatures
– Increased stubble burning in Punjab, Haryana, and nearby states
– Festive fireworks adding to pollution levels

Additionally, slower winds and cooler weather during this season lead to a “temperature inversion,” where a layer of warm air traps pollutants near the ground, worsening air quality. Smoke carried by north-westerly winds from Punjab and Haryana further aggravates the situation.

On Sunday, vehicles were the largest contributors to PM2.5 pollution, accounting for 19.8%, followed by emissions from Sonipat (9.2%) and Jhajjar (5.1%).

### Seasonal Outlook: Clear Skies and Cool Winds

The IMD has forecast clear skies and cool northwesterly winds over the coming days, with maximum temperatures expected to rise to 34°C by Wednesday.

Environment Minister Manjinder Singh Sirsa highlighted that Delhi has recorded 199 days with AQI below 200 this year, nearly double the number reported in 2016. He said this marks a “real improvement on the ground.”

As winter advances, residents are advised to stay updated on air quality forecasts and take necessary precautions, especially from mid-October when pollution levels are expected to worsen.

*Stay tuned for more updates on Delhi’s air quality and pollution management.*
https://www.newsbytesapp.com/news/india/delhi-air-quality-to-turn-poor-from-wednesday/story

ANAがサッカー広告取りやめ 代表戦、フランスでの不祥事で

2025年10月13日 22:03(2025年10月13日 22:05 更新)
[有料会員限定記事]

日本サッカー協会(JFA)の技術委員長を務めていた影山雅永氏がフランスで有罪判決を受け、契約を解除されたことを受け、JFAとメジャーパートナー契約を結ぶ全日本空輸(ANA)は、14日に予定されている国際親善試合に関して対応を検討しています。

※この記事は有料会員限定です。
残り218文字

7日間無料トライアル実施中。1日37円で読み放題。
年払いならさらにお得です。

【クリップ機能について】
クリップ機能は有料会員の方のみご利用いただけます。

【西日本新聞meとは?】
詳細は公式サイトをご確認ください。
https://www.nishinippon.co.jp/item/1410831/

中国船、海洋調査か 鹿児島・奄美沖EEZ


title: 中国船、鹿児島・奄美沖の日本EEZ内で海洋調査か
date: 2025-10-13 19:22
categories: 社会

第10管区海上保安本部(鹿児島)は13日、鹿児島県・奄美大島の西約385キロに位置する日本の排他的経済水域(EEZ)内で、中国の海洋調査船がパイプのような物を海中に延ばしているのを確認したと発表しました。

今回の確認は、周辺海域における海洋調査活動の可能性があるとして、注目されています。

なお、本記事の詳細は有料会員限定となっております。ご興味のある方は、7日間の無料トライアルやお得な年払いプランもございますので、ぜひご検討ください。
https://www.nishinippon.co.jp/item/1410785/

You can now withdraw your entire PF balance anytime

**You can now withdraw your entire PF balance anytime**
*By Dwaipayan Roy | Oct 13, 2025, 07:55 pm*

The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has taken a significant step to enhance the ease of living for its members. In a major decision, the EPFO’s Central Board of Trustees (CBT) has approved allowing members to withdraw up to 100% of their eligible Provident Fund (PF) balance. This withdrawal includes both the employee and employer contributions.

### Key Decision Announced at 238th CBT Meeting

The decision was made during the 238th meeting of the CBT held in New Delhi, chaired by Union Minister for Labour and Employment, Mansukh Mandaviya. This move is set to bring greater flexibility and convenience for EPFO members in managing their PF accounts.

### Major Changes in PF Withdrawal Rules

Previously, full withdrawal from the PF account was only permitted in cases of unemployment or retirement. Under the new liberalized rules, members can now access their entire eligible PF balance, subject to certain conditions and specific categories.

In addition to this, the CBT has simplified the existing partial withdrawal provisions. Earlier, there were 13 complex rules governing partial withdrawals, which have now been consolidated into a single, streamlined rule divided into three categories:

– Essential needs (such as illness, education, and marriage)
– Housing needs
– Special circumstances

### Increased Flexibility for Education and Marriage Withdrawals

The new rules also increase the limits on withdrawals for education and marriage expenses. Withdrawals for education purposes can now be made up to 10 times, while those for marriage can be done up to 5 times.

Moreover, the minimum service requirement to be eligible for all partial withdrawals has been uniformly reduced to just 12 months. This is a significant relaxation compared to the previous norms, where members had to justify their withdrawal reasons under “Special Circumstances,” often resulting in claim rejections.

### Member Benefits: Minimum Balance and Auto-Settlement of Claims

To ensure members continue to benefit from the high interest rates offered by EPFO (currently 8.25% per annum), the CBT has introduced a new rule requiring a ‘Minimum Balance’ of 25% of contributions to be maintained in the PF account at all times. This provision helps preserve the compounding benefits and aids in building a substantial retirement corpus.

The board has also announced a move towards greater automation, eliminating the need for any documentation for partial withdrawal claims. This paves the way for 100% auto settlement of claims, making the process faster and hassle-free for members.

This landmark decision by the EPFO is expected to bring greater financial flexibility to millions of PF members across India, enabling them to access their funds effortlessly when needed.
https://www.newsbytesapp.com/news/business/epfo-members-can-now-withdraw-entire-balance/story

Exit mobile version
Sitemap Index